Golf Course Radios. Staff can be spread out over an average of 100 Acres, making communications costly and time consuming. Two-way radios and accessories for golf courses allow staff to communicate instantly, saving money by increasing efficiency and allowing you to provide better service to players.
Providing benefits for many different segments, two way radios and accessories for golf courses including: grounds keepers, irrigation specialists, course managers, caddies, teachers, pro shop staff, restaurant managers, beverage cart operators, maintenance staff, custodians, and more. Clubhouses benefit using two-way radios when serving food, managing large banquets, communicating with Housekeeping and Maintenance. Managers are able to better coordinate staff and respond to situations faster and more efficiently. Golf courses rely on two-way radios to keep their managers, groundskeepers, and maintenance personnel connected. They’re able to take care of safety issues before they happen. And they can get both the players and personnel inside before inclement weather forces them into dangerous situations. Two-way radios keep everyone constantly informed. Should someone get hurt while out in the field, rescue personnel can instantly be notified. In addition, two-way radios can be used to immediately relay critical messages from family members to employees in the field.
Which radio a Golf Course chooses is not as straightforward as with some other types of business. Radios using UHF frequencies are the most popular, as they work well both indoors and out. However, radios using VHF frequencies will provide better range if you are using the radios in a fairly open area and only outdoors. Very large golf courses will require powerful 4 watt radios or even repeaters in order to get communications throughout the entire area, while standard two watt radios are sufficient for most.
Here are some helpful questions to ask when looking for the right radios. Two-way radios are an essential part of any golf course. Before purchasing radios and accessories there are some questions you should ask in order to determine the best radio and accessories for your golf course.
- Are your radios exposed to environmental elements like humidity, rain, heat, sand or dirt?
- If so, you will need a radio that can handle environmental exposure. You need waterproofing.
- Are your radios used every day or for long periods of time? You need battery charging options.
- Which accessories best fit the needs of your staff. Golf Accessories.
- Should your employees use discreet listening devices so golfers cannot hear transmissions or not be interrupted by communications?
- What is the size and topography of your golf course?
- The selection of two-way radios for your course will depend on the coverage area you need. Be sure to consider future growth or expansion of the course.
- Are employees encouraged to solve problems through instant communication?
Radios can provide extra security for both staff and guests. In addition, they are a useful tool for providing guests with immediate service at an event, hotel room, restaurant or by the pool.
Keeping Golfers golfing is most important to a successful golf course. Use two-way radios and accessories to keep Rangers, Starters, and Cart Staff communicating to keep the time timely, the flow of play smooth, and the Golfers happy.
It’s important to invest in quality products to save you money over the life of your radio.